Can I bring golf clubs in Uber?
This post contains affiliate links, which means we’ll receive a commission if you purchase through our links, at no extra cost to you.Read the Disclosure here.
Many golfers wants to know this.” Can I bring golf clubs on Uber”.
My Hubby had to travel to Sydney a few years ago for some Business meetings that Included a Golf party as well. He was Apprehensive about if he could carry the Golf clubs bag in Uber.
🌐Check out the comprehensive Blog ⛳️Golf Equipment Buying Guide: Everything You Need To Know To Purchase
Any Golfer who wants to make a Trip with Friends and someone who goes Interstate Business parties that includes Golf wants to know If they can get Golf Clubs On Uber.
I did a lot of research , spoke to some Uber Drivers around and I found out these and happy to share with you all.
Check out the comprehensive Blog ⛳️How to start playing golf : The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Golf for Women and 🏌️♀️Women’s Golf Tips For Beginners- Just for Ladies. Also, Explore 15+ Basic Golden rules for Golfers- A beginners Guide
Yes! You can take your Golf Clubs on Uber.If you are travelling alone you will have no Issues putting your Over sized Golf Club bag in to the boot/trunk of UBER X.
However, if your Clubs are inside a Large travel bag you may need to lay them out on the back seat.
Golf Clubs in Uber: What Type of Uber should you Order?
Uber presently provides a wide range of passenger transportation choices across the world, including boats, motorcycles, and BMWs.
However, for the sake of this article , we will just look at the Options available with Uber for Passengers with Golf Club bags for most typical airport pickups and drop-offs in the United States & Australia.
Assuming that Uber airport pickup is accessible where you’re going, these are the alternatives you can count on.
UberX is the most basic and least expensive Uber service. It’s what you employ when you need a private driver but don’t want a huge or fancy vehicle.
For many tourists, UberX will enough to move their stuff. In theory, UberX cars can transport up to four passengers, but in fact, that will be a tight squeeze.
All UberX vehicles will have some type of trunk area, which will most likely be empty. UberX drivers are accustomed to passengers with luggage and will frequently offer to assist you in loading the bags into the trunk if they are able.
UberXL cars are vans or SUVs that seat up to six people. XL rides may or may not be luxurious, but they are almost always in bigger vehicles.
If you have a large group of people (maybe you’re going with your family) or even a small group of people with heavy bags Like Golf Clubs bag , it is recommended to use UberXL.
If you want an Uber trip with a little more luxury and a highly rated driver, UberSELECT is the way to go.
In terms of luggage transportation, anticipate the same amount of room as you would with UberX. UberSELECT is now only accessible in a few cities.
When it comes to travelling in style, UberBLACK is the way to go.
You’ll be driven about in a high-end black vehicle by a professional driver.
You will pay more for this extra luxury, but it may be worthwhile if you are travelling for business and want to impress a customer (or arrive in style for a date).
Do you need to travel in spacious luxury? UberSUV is the way to go. UberSUV is the XL version of UberBLACK, featuring professional drivers in a black luxury SUV that seats up to six passengers.
Expect to pay a premium because this is the largest and most expensive Uber service.
In terms of luggage capacity, an UberSUV should be able to hold the same amount as an UberXL.
You’ll just seem a lot more sophisticated doing it. As with UberBLACK, be mindful of the vehicle’s high-end interior and ask your driver where the ideal spot for your bags would be.
Which Uber service to use when you’re carrying big luggage like your Golf Clubs bag?
- 1 person with luggage: UberX
- 2 people with luggage: UberX
- 2 people with several large pieces of luggage: UberXL
- 3 people with luggage: UberXL
- 4 to 6 people with luggage: 2 Uber Xs or 2 XLs
Choosing the Right Uber When You Have Luggage
Many Uber users who own their own cars and prefer to avoid the late-night bar scene will only use Uber to get to and from the airport.
The biggest complication with airport Uber rides is luggage, which causes a lot of confusion — which car will be big enough to fit your stuff?
The conventional wisdom that an UberX should be used for groups of four or less and an XL for groups of five to seven does not always apply to airport trips because luggage can take up a lot of space, especially if you’re a heavy packer.
Because smaller UberX cars can’t handle much luggage, you may need to select the bigger XL service even if you just have 2 or 3 persons.
Notify Your Driver of Your Luggage Requirements
When you order a trip, phone your driver to let them know if you have a lot of luggage including Big bags like your Golf Clubs bag.
If you are picked up at the airport by a driver, they will expect you to have bags.
However, if the sum is very big, it is polite to notify them so that they can ensure that they have enough trunk space and luggage capacity for you and your bags.
Request the Appropriate Uber Size for Your Luggage Needs
Carrying your Golf Clubs bag is one thing and and it can be quite frustrating for a driver to be in the airport pickup queue, having waited there all day, only to discover that you have too much luggage to fit in their car.
This wastes both your and the driver’s time and is disrespectful to the driver and other passengers. By selecting the proper size ahead of time, you will benefit everyone in the long run.
This is determined by the number of persons in your party. Regular Uber and Lyft vehicles are typically sedans with seating for up to four passengers (not including the driver).
As you can guess, space is limited, and you’d be forced to rely on the trunk to keep your golf bags. So I’d guess three is the most you can comfortably fit.
A portion of this is down to chance since you might obtain a larger car rather than a smaller sedan.
Will your Golf Clubs Bag fit in the Boot/Trunk of Uber
If you are a golfer and considering getting Uber with your Golf Clubs bag one of the main considerations is often the size of the boot space.
Today’s automobiles are typically designed to be economical and sleek, which means that boot capacity is sometimes limited.
Of course, a car must be visually appealing, but it must also be functional, which is especially essential for golfers.
Based on statistics from the average golf bag and trolley, a golfer will typically require a boot size of around 208 litres with a width of 130cm.
A golf bag has an average capacity of 40cm x 40cm x 130cm = 208 litres. When renting a vehicle Or getting an Uber transport, keep in mind that the boot must be large enough to accommodate the largest club (48”/122cm).
A golf trolley would require an additional 180cm.
Best cars to carry golf clubs in the Boots:
- Honda Jazz.
- Kia Optima.
- BMW Z4.
- Mini Clubman.
- Volkswagen Passat Estate.
- Jaguar E-Pace.
- Mercedes E-Class Estate.
- Jaguar F-Type.
Does it cost Extra to bring Golf clubs Bag on Uber?
Is it more expensive to bring golf clubs in an Uber?
No. Unlike an airline, Uber does not charge a fee based on the quantity of luggage you bring.
The distance you plan to go and the kind of Uber you book are the only factors that will influence the cost of your ride (UberX, UberXL, Uber Black etc)
Mid sized Sedans and Suvs that can ACCOMMODATE Golf bag & clubs
Certainly, many mid-sized sedans and SUVs are designed with spacious trunks or rear storage areas that can accommodate golf bags and clubs. Here’s a list of some popular vehicles in each category that are known for their space and ability to fit golf equipment:
- Toyota Camry: With its spacious trunk, the Camry can easily handle a set of golf clubs and even has room left for some additional items.
- Honda Accord: Another sedan with a generous trunk, the Accord can comfortably store a golfer’s gear.
- Mazda6: Known for its design and spaciousness, the Mazda6 can hold golf equipment without much hassle.
- Ford Fusion: This sedan’s deep trunk makes it a suitable option for golf enthusiasts.
- Chevrolet Malibu: With a wide and deep trunk, the Malibu can comfortably fit a golf bag and clubs.
- Honda CR-V: The CR-V is known for its roomy cargo area, making it a good choice for transporting golf equipment.
- Toyota RAV4: With its flat-load floor and spacious rear, a set of golf clubs can easily fit in the RAV4.
- Ford Escape: This SUV offers a generous cargo space that can accommodate golf bags with ease.
- Chevrolet Equinox: The Equinox boasts a roomy interior and a sizeable rear storage area suitable for golf gear.
- Nissan Rogue: The Rogue’s versatile cargo space with its Divide-N-Hide system can securely hold and protect golf equipment.
Do’s and Dont’s of Transporting your Clubs bag On Uber
Ensure that clubs are laid flat Remove any objects from the boot which could damage your equipment.
After your round, wash your clubs and trolley at the golf club before you place them in your vehicle Ensure that your trolley is fully collapsed Check to see if all zips and pockets are fastened
If you place your clubs on the back seat, ensure that they are fixed down and are unable to move during transit
Avoid stacking your clubs vertically Avoid a heavy bag.
You could potentially scratch your car if you are unable to life your bag Avoid packing any liquids and foods.
They have the potential to get squashed and leak Don’t forget your travel bag if you are planning a long journey!
Related: Are Old Golf clubs still Good?
Advice on how to safeguard your Golf equipment/Golf Gears while on Uber/or Travellin1g
Golf equipment can be very expensive, so it’s critical that you take care of it to preserve its longevity.
When transporting your golf equipments and Gears, regardless of the vehicle you choose, you need follow a few fundamental rules.
Safeguarding your golf equipment while using Uber or traveling is essential, given the value and sentiment attached to many golfing items. Here are some steps and advice to ensure your golf gear remains safe and intact:
Use a Sturdy Golf Bag: Invest in a high-quality travel golf bag with a hard case. This will protect your clubs from any external pressures or hits. Many golf travel bags also come with padded tops to provide extra protection to the clubheads.
Clubhead Covers: Use headcovers for your woods and putter to prevent them from getting scratched or damaged.
Protecting your clubs – Make sure that proper head coverings are used on appropriate clubs.
Golf equipment is expensive, therefore it must be cared for properly. On extended travels, you may consider utilising a travel bag.
Add Extra Padding: Wrap your irons with bubble wrap or use towels to add extra cushioning. This reduces the chance of them moving around and hitting each other during transit.
Positioning of your Golf Clubs- The placement of your golf clubs may be affected by the size of your boot. It’s possible that you’ll have to angle them diagonally.
Check that your luggage is not in a dangerous, upright position and is softly put on the floor of your boot.
Stuff Clothes, towels, and shoes into the empty areas in your Golf bags:
Perhaps your clubs do not have replaceable club-heads, or the thought of flipping your clubs upside down seems like too much effort.
It is important to fill any holes at the head of your clubs in order to reduce the possibility of bends or breakage in this situation.
I use a beach towel to cover the top area of my longer clubs (the pieces that protrude from my golf bag) so that they fit snugly in my travel bag while I’m travelling.
You could even use this area to strategically position your shoes or garments if you wanted to. It is more important to have less empty space in your suitcase than it is to have more room.
Place your clubs in your bag so that they are upside down.Even though it’s a bother, you might as well go the extra mile if you’re already taking the club-heads off your woods and driver.
By storing your clubs upside down in your golf bag, you’ll be better able to protect the hosel and bottom area of the shaft, which are particularly vulnerable
Secure the Bag: Ensure the bag’s zips, clasps, and pockets are properly closed and locked, if possible. You can also use a TSA-approved lock for added security.
Label Clearly: Clearly label your golf bag with your name, address, and phone number. This makes identification easier if you get separated from your equipment.
Remove Loose Items: Ensure that there are no loose items that can fall out or get lost. Use the bag’s pockets or compartments to store small items securely.
Insurance: Consider insuring your golf equipment, especially if it’s of high value. This provides financial protection against loss, theft, or damage.
Communicate with the Driver: When using Uber or any other taxi service, communicate with the driver about the importance and fragility of your golf equipment. Most drivers will be considerate and handle your equipment with care.
Choose the Right Vehicle: If using Uber, opt for a larger car category like UberXL, especially if you have other luggage too. It ensures that your golf bag can be placed comfortably without cramming.
Keep an Eye on Your Equipment: Whether you’re in transit or at a rest stop, always keep an eye on your golf equipment. If possible, avoid leaving your equipment unattended.
Keep Records: Take photos of your golf equipment before your trip. In case of damage or loss, this can serve as proof when claiming insurance or seeking compensation.
Unload Carefully: Upon reaching your destination, make sure to carefully remove your golf equipment from the vehicle. Check immediately for any damages.
Here is Our fave Golf Bag that Fits in Uber cars perfectly. We have TWO Options for you to choose one is Soft side Golf Bag with Wheels and second is hard side Golf bag for travel.
Retractable Golf Cart Bag for Ladies, Easy to Carry and Travel.
The golf bag with wheels becomes your best travel assistant during use. Make you have a perfect experience at the golf course and airport.
Samsonite's Hardside Golf Travel Case protects your equipment on the road. Travel with the Samsonite Hard-Sided Golf Travel Case.
This lightweight hard-sided travel case has a strong, sturdy ABS Shell to protect your golf bag and equipment from air travel. 55 "L x 12" H x 16" W, this travel case can fit 10.5" top golf bags and 48" clubs.
The lightest Sunday stand bag. This lightweight Sunday stand bag fits 6-7 clubs. Perfect for Sunday evenings or executive courses. Handle and strap included.
Quick summary: Type of Uber and Luggage with Golf Bag
If you’re planning to use Uber and you have a golf bag among your luggage, it’s essential to choose the right vehicle type to accommodate both your passengers and your gear. Here’s a quick guide on Uber options and their compatibility with a standard golf bag:
- UberX: This is the most common and cost-effective option, typically seating up to 4 passengers. While the trunk space varies by vehicle make and model, a golf bag might fit, especially if you have minimal additional luggage. However, if you’re traveling with several people and each person has luggage, space could be tight.
- UberXL: This option provides larger vehicles like SUVs and minivans, typically seating up to 6 passengers. The trunk space is also generally more substantial. An UberXL would be more suited for passengers with a golf bag and additional luggage.
- UberBLACK and UberSUV: These are high-end options. UberBLACK offers luxury sedans and can seat up to 4 passengers. UberSUV is the luxury version of UberXL and can seat up to 6 passengers. Both these options come with a premium price tag, but they are more likely to accommodate a golf bag comfortably, especially the SUV option.
- UberPOOL or Uber Express Pool: These are shared rides, and luggage space is not guaranteed since you’ll be sharing the car with other passengers. It might be challenging to fit a golf bag unless you’re lucky to have few or no co-riders.
Before ordering any Uber, it’s always a good idea to:
- Check the vehicle’s luggage capacity if it’s listed in the app.
- Contact the driver directly after you’ve booked your ride. Let them know you have a golf bag and ask if it will fit. If they believe it won’t, you can cancel the ride (within a brief period after booking) and try another option.
Remember, it’s essential to be considerate and communicate with your driver, ensuring that your gear doesn’t damage their vehicle or take up space reserved for other passengers in shared options.
Uber and Golf Bag – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will my golf bag fit in the trunk/boot of an UberX?
- While many UberX vehicles can accommodate a standard golf bag, trunk sizes vary based on vehicle make and model. It’s best to contact the driver in advance to ensure fit.
Can I place my golf bag on the back seat if it doesn’t fit in the trunk?
- This is at the discretion of the driver. Some may allow it, especially if you’re not using all the passenger seats. Always ask the driver before doing so.
Are there any additional fees for carrying golf equipment in Uber?
- No, Uber doesn’t charge additional fees for luggage or equipment. However, if your golf equipment causes any damage to the vehicle, you might be charged a cleaning or repair fee.
Which Uber service is best for transporting my golf bag and additional luggage?
- UberXL or UberSUV is recommended for transporting larger items like a golf bag along with other luggage. These services offer vehicles with more spacious trunks.
Can I request a specific vehicle type on Uber to fit my golf bag?
- While you can choose the service (e.g., UberX, UberXL), you can’t select a specific vehicle make or model. However, once you book a ride, you can contact the driver to discuss space requirements.
What should I do if my golf equipment gets damaged during the ride?
- Report the issue to Uber immediately through the app. Provide any necessary details and photos to support your claim.
Is there any insurance coverage for my golf equipment while using Uber?
- Uber provides insurance for the ride, but personal belongings are typically not covered. It’s advisable to have your own personal property or travel insurance that covers your golf equipment.
How can I ensure the safety of my golf equipment during the ride?
- Use a sturdy golf bag or case, communicate with the driver about your equipment’s importance, and always handle the loading and unloading of your golf bag yourself.
Can I book an Uber in advance knowing I’ll be transporting my golf bag?
- Yes, Uber allows scheduled rides. Once you’ve scheduled, you can still communicate with your driver once they’re assigned to ensure there’s enough space for your golf equipment.
Are drivers trained to handle sports equipment like golf bags?
- While Uber drivers undergo training on using the app and maintaining safety standards, they aren’t specifically trained in handling sports equipment. Always communicate your needs and handle your golf bag personally to ensure its safety.
Remember, communication is crucial. Always inform your driver in advance about your golf bag or any large equipment to ensure a hassle-free experience.
A blog site of family outdoor adventures, Sports including Golfing, skiing, surfing, running , plus gear reviews and Fitness by Manny and Div, offering tips and information, photos, gear reviews, and expert tips-planning advice on outdoor adventure & Fitness.